Wednesday 1 December 2010

British & Irish Cup - Pontypridd Getting Ready!

The Pontypridd Supporters get ready for Ayr's visit.
Last season Pontypridd came in their hordes to support Ponty in the B & I Cup match
at Millbrae. 400 of them crossed the Brig O' Doon and enjoyed a cracking weekend
rugby Tour at the seaside. Well they're getting ready again for the reverse tie here's
some chat from their forum...

 
I live in the USA, and support, with all my heart, Pontypridd RFC.

Below are two of the latest excerpts from Ponty's Supporter Forum:

Too quiet..thinking ahead..
Pontydragon Not win/loss wise...Hospitality wise.

I recall that a lot of the Ponty supporters went up to Ayr last year. We got some great advance advice on here from ???? in Ayr, and received a pretty good deal and hospitality from the Twa Dugs, and they really did appreciate it. Matter of fact, Owen Kerr, from the TD sent me a Glencairn glass to raise a glass to him, Ponty, and Ayr, which I did, this past Thursday, our Thanksgiving (12 year old Glenfiddich - No, I don't know if it's 'top shelf' or not, but it was pretty good).

Anything planned to reciprocate the great hospitality that was shown by our Scottish brothers and sisters?
on 29.11.10 at 0:21
· Reply

·         CefnogwrPontypridd Good post PD. I wonder if they can compete with the 400 that we took up there!? I hope they'll bring a decent following. If Graham Rountree or any other Ayr supporter has any questions or queries about where to go etc then I'm sure any of us will be more than happy to help. I'm sure all their supporters will be in for a great welcome here at the Pont!
on 29.11.10 at 20:19
· Reply
Though I can't attend, for obvious reasons, I would hope that Graham touches base with the Ponty faithful, to make an enjoyable match for all.  The match against Ayr is something I hold near and dear in my heart.  An old friend of mine, Bob Coleville, was born and raised in Ayr.  He came to the states in the 60's, and worked for the same financial institution as me.  Unfortunately, Bob passed away a couple years ago.  Aside from his wife and children, most of his family is still in Ayr.  He was a very special man, and was truly a great representative of Ayr and all of Scotland!

Hope you can all make it down to the Pont!
"Pob lwc !"
Bert "Pontydragon" James
Scranton PA, USA


No comments:

Post a Comment